Surgical Procedure Financial Policy
- Depending on your procedure your physician may require a surgical assistant. These surgical assistants are independent contractors and they will bill your insurance separately
- Insurance plans have different sets of criteria which must be met prior to your surgery. Your insurance may require pre-approval, pre-authorization, pre-certification, or a 2nd opinion before surgery. Our Surgical Benefits Coordinator will contact your insurance directly to see what is required prior to your surgery date and to verify your benefits
- Upon verification of your insurance benefits, we will attempt to estimate your portion of the fees due. This is only an estimate and neither your insurance company nor our office will guarantee this amount
- In preparation for your upcoming surgery, the anesthesiologist may require you to have a blood test, EKG, and/or chest X-ray. Your insurance carrier may or may not cover this expense; however, they are necessary as part of your preoperative evaluation
- A deposit is required prior to your surgical procedure and is based upon your individual benefit coverage and the estimated fees for the particular procedure. The Surgical Benefits Coordinator will notify you directly of this amount to arrange payment
If you have any questions regarding your coverage, please contact our Surgical Benefits Coordinator at (502) 587-1236 x 2243.