Michael L Salamon, M.D.Board Certified Orthopaedic Surgeon
Additional Info: orthodoc.aaos.org
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery, 2007
University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Michigan, B.S.
- Medical School
Jefferson Medical College, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- General Surgical Internship
University of California, Davis, CA
- Orthopaedic Residency
University of California, Davis, CA
- Fellowship in Foot and Ankle Reconstruction and Sports Medicine
Adult Reconstructive Orthopaedic Surgery
University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics, Iowa City, IA
Arm, Elbow, Foot and Ankle, Hand and Wrist, Hip, Knee, Shoulder, Neck, and Lower Back
Arthroscopic Surgery, Total Joint Replacement, Deformities, Arthritis, Fractures & Trauma, Osteoporosis, Sports Injuries and all other types of orthopaedic injuries
- Areas of Specialization:
Difficulties of the Shoulder
Foot and Ankle Reconstruction
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- American Orthopaedic Foot and Ankle Society
- Paul R. Lipscomb Orthopaedic Society
- Greater Louisville Medical Society
- Kentucky Medical Association
Dr. Salamon joined the practice in the fall of 2009. He is the team physician for the University of Louisville men's soccer team.
- Scalia R, Salamon ML, Lefer AM. Characterization of Thrombin-induced Leukocyte Endothelial Cell Interaction in the Rat Mesenteric Microvasculature, Cardiovasc Pathobiology, Vol. 1, Nos. 3-4, 160-166, 1996.
- Lefer DJ, Scalia R, Campbell B, Nossuli T, Hayward R, Salamon ML, Grayson J. Peroxynitrite Inhibits Leukocyte-Endothelial Cell Interactions and Protects Against Ischemia -Reperfusion Injury in Rats, J Clin Invest, Vol. 99, No. 4, 684-691, Feb. 1997.
- Salamon ML, Althausen, PL Gupta MC, Laubach J. The Effect of BMP-7 on a Posterolateral Intertranseverse Process Fusion Model in a Rat. J Spinal Disord Tech. 2003 Feb;16(1):90-5.
- Zlotolow DA, Vaccaro AR, Salamon ML, Albert TJ. The role of human bone morphogenetic proteins in spinal fusion. J Am Acad Orthop Surg 2000 Jan-Feb;8(1):3-9.
- Saltzman CL, Salamon ML, Blanchard GM, Huff T, Hayes A, Buckwalter JA, Amendola A. Epidemiology of Ankle Arthritis: Report of a Consecutive Series of 639 Patients from a Tertiary Orthopaedic Center, The Iowa Journal, 2005.
- Salamon ML, Lee JH, Pinney SJ. A Case Report: Madura Foot (Madurella Mycetoma) Presenting as a Plantar Fibroma, 2006 Mar;27(3):212-5.
- Salamon ML, Pinney SJ, Van Bergeyk A, Hazelwood SJ. Surgical Anatomy and Accuracy of the Percutaneous Tendo Achilles Lengthening (PTAL), Foot Ankle Int. 2006 Jun;27(6):411-3.
- Salamon ML, Finkemeier CG. Intramedullary bone fragment preventing passage of reaming guide wire.Am J Orthop. 2007 Sep;36(9):492-3.
- Salamon, ML, Althausen, PL, Gupta, MC, Laubach J. “The Effect of BMP-7 on a Posterolateral Intertranseverse Process Fusion Model in a Rat.”Presented at the Western Orthopaedic Association 66TH Annual Meeting, Maui, HI, August 2002.
- Salamon ML, Scalia R, Lefer AM. Characterization of Thrombin-induced Leukocyte Endothelial Cell Interaction in the Rat Mesenteric Microvasculature, Poster presentation at the Sigma Xi Scientific Research Society annual program, Philadelphia, PA, Spring 1998.
- Salamon ML, Pinney SJ, Van Bergeyk A, Hazelwood SJ. Surgical Anatomy and Accuracy of the Percutaneous Tendo Achilles Lengthening (PTAL), Presented at UC Davis Dept. of Orthopaedic Graduation Research Symposium, June 10, 2004.
- University of Louisville Department of Orthopaedic Surgery Grand Rounds, Osteochondral Lesions of the Talus, 2006
Michael L Salamon, M.D. Radio Interview